Why Manage Integration?
- Integration of Subsidiary Project Management plans i.e Output of other knowledge areas such as Scope Management, Time Management, Cost Management, Quality Management, Human resource Management, Risk Management, Procurement Management, Stakeholder Management
- To Combine, unify and coordinate the various processes and project management activities
Develop Project Charter
To create a document that formally authorizes a project
Project charters are created so that project can answer or satisfy one of the following
Inputs to Project Charter
Project statement of work(SOW) – It is narrative description of products or services to be delivered by the project. Every SOW should include
Develop Project Management Plan
- To define, prepare and coordinate all subsidiary plans and integrate them into comprehensive project management plans.
- Defines the basis of all project work.
Deming cycle and PM Processes
PDCA (plan–do–check–act) is an iterative four-step management method used in business for the control and continuous improvement of processes and products.
Direct and Manage Project work
To lead and perform the work defined in the project management plan
To lead and perform the changed work
Logical Flow of Project
Monitor and Control Project Work
To track and review and report the progress
Perform Integrated Change Control
To review all changes, approve change requests and managing changes of deliverable, organizational process assets, project documents and project management plan.
Configuration Management with Integrated Change Control
Opportunity to validate impact of change and its impact
Mechanisms for communication
Configuration Management Activities
Identity Configuration items
Verification and Audits
Close Project or Phase
To Finalize all activities to formally complete the project or a project phase
Difference between Work Performance Data(WPD), Work Performance Information(WPI) and Work Performance Reports (WPR)
- Work performance data is raw measurements before any analysis.
- Once it has been analyzed or processed, it becomes work performance information.
- A work performance report is a compilation of work performance information for consumption for some purpose such as status or decision making.
"PMP®","PMI®", "PMI-ACP®" and "PMBOK®" are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.