Top Five PMP® Exam Tips for Certification Exam
PMP® Examination Pattern
- Computer based exam conducted in Prometric centers
- 200 multiple-choice questions mixed randomly across 5 Process Groups to be answered in 4 Hrs.
- Out of 200 questions, 175 are for final marking and remaining 25 are “Pre-test” Questions
- There is no Negative Marking in the exam. Attempt all Q’s
- The examination is developed by groups of individuals from around the globe who holds the PMP® credential
- After clearing the exam, you will get results on immediate basis, but PMP Certificate will come by mail within 2-3 weeks
Approach towards Attempting Qs
- First time, read Questions along with an options very quickly to understand scenarios
- Second Time, read questions again with an options. Try to link questions with Process Groups and Knowledge areas.
- Don’t miss important word such as Most Likely, Could be, Should, Must, Not True, Not False etc.
How to Eliminate Wrong Answers
- Read each of answer choices one by one and ask yourself the following questions.
- Does this answer choice respond to the question being asked?
- If not, eliminate it! Even if it is a true statement, it isn’t providing a correct answer to the question at hand!
- If it does, it mightbe the correct choice, so keep it as an option
- Do any of the answer choices use words like always,never,all,none orabsolutely
? Most answer choices that use these words are incorrect
50:50 formula for choosing correct answers
- Eliminate one of the four answers and your chance of getting the question right jumps to 33%.
- Remove two answers and you now have a 50/50 chance of getting the right answer.
- If two options are eliminated, your chances are 50-50 for choosing right answers. By Applying some knowledge, you can choose correct answers
"PMP®","PMI®", "PMI-ACP®" and "PMBOK®" are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.